Education and Research Experiences:
2020.12--present, Professor, Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China.
2014.09--2020.11, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China.
2012.09--2014.08, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada. Advisor: Prof. Zheng-Hong Lu
2007.09--2012.06, Ph.D. in Materials Physics and Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Hubei Key Lab on Organic and Polymeric Optoelectronic Materials, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China. Advisor: Prof. Chuluo Yang
2003.09--2007.07, B.S. in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China.
Keywords: organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs), thermally activated delayed fluorescence (TADF), luminescent mononuclear coinage metal complexes, host materials
The focus of his current research is on constructing new-generation organic emitters, understanding the relationship between molecular structure and optoelectronic properties, and developing device architectures that optimize optoelectronic performance.
8. Yepeng Xiang, Pan Li, Shaolong Gong*, Yu-Hsin Huang, Chun-Yu Wang, Cheng Zhong, Weixuan Zeng, Zhanxiang Chen, Wei-Kai Lee, Xiaojun Yin, Chung-Chih Wu*, and Chuluo Yang*, Acceptor Plane Expansion Enhances Horizontal Orientation of Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Emitters, Science Advances, 2020, 6, eaba7855.
7. Xu Gong, Pan Li, Yu-Hsin Huang, Chun-Yu Wang, Chen-Han Lu, Wei-Kai Lee, Cheng Zhong, Zhanxiang Chen, Weimin Ning, Chung-Chih Wu*, Shaolong Gong*, and Chuluo Yang, A Red Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Emitter Simultaneously Having High Photoluminescence Quantum Efficiency and Preferentially Horizontal Emitting Dipole Orientation, Advanced Functional Materials, 2020, 30, 1908839.
6. Lisi Zhan, Zhanxiang Chen, Shaolong Gong*, Yepeng Xiang, Fan Ni, Xuan Zeng, Guohua Xie, and Chuluo Yang*, A Simple Organic Molecule Realizing Simultaneous TADF, RTP, AIE, and Mechanoluminescence: Understanding the Mechanism Behind the Multifunctional Emitter, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2019, 58, 17651.
5. Weixuan Zeng†, Tao Zhou†, Weimin Ning, Cheng Zhong, Jiawei He, Shaolong Gong*, Guohua Xie, and Chuluo Yang*, Realizing 22.5% External Quantum Efficiency for Solution-Processed Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence OLEDs with Red Emission at 622 nm via a Synergistic Strategy of Molecular Engineering and Host Selecting, Advanced Materials, 2019, 31, 1901404.
4. Kailong Wu, Tao Zhang, Zian Wang, Lian Wang, Lisi Zhan, Shaolong Gong*, Cheng Zhong, Zheng-Hong Lu*, Song Zhang*, and Chuluo Yang*, De Novo Design of Excited-State Intramolecular Proton Transfer Emitters Via a Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Channel, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2018, 140, 8877.
3. Weixuan Zeng†, Hsin-Yu Lai†, Wei-Kai Lee, Min Jiao, Yi-Jiun Shiu, Cheng Zhong, Shaolong Gong*, Tao Zhou, Guohua Xie, Monima Sarma, Ken-Tsung Wong, Chung-Chih Wu*, and Chuluo Yang*, Achieving Nearly 30% External Quantum Efficiency for Orange-Red Organic Light Emitting Diodes by Employing Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Emitters Composed of 1,8-Naphthalimide-Acridine Hybrids, Advanced Materials, 2018, 30, 1704961. [Selected as a Frontispiece]
2. Suning Wang*, Deng-Tao Yang, Jiasheng Lu, Hiroyuki Shimogawa, Shaolong Gong*, Xiang Wang, Soren K. Mellerup, Atsushi Wakamiya, Yi-Lu Chang, Chuluo Yang, and Zheng-Hong Lu*, In Situ Solid-State Generation of (BN)2-Pyrenes and Electroluminescent Devices, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2015, 54, 15074.
1. Yi-Lu Chang*, Ying-Li Rao, Shaolong Gong*, Grayson L. Ingram, Suning Wang*, and Zheng-Hong Lu*, Exciton-Stimulated Molecular Transformation in Organic Light-Emitting Diodes, Advanced Materials, 2014, 26, 6729.
8. Invited Talk (online), SID Display Week 2021 International Symposium (online conference), May 17-21, 2021, USA.
7. Invited Talk (online), The 20th International Meeting on Information Display (IMID 2020, online conference), Aug. 25-28, 2020, Korea.
6. Invited Talk, SPIE International Symposium on Optics + Photonics 2019: Organic and Hybrid Light Emitting Materials and Devices XXIII, Aug. 11-15, 2019, San Diego, California, USA.
5. Invited Talk, The 11th Asian Conference on Organic Electronics (A-COE 2019), Nov. 6-9, 2019, New Taipei City, Taiwan.
4. Invited Talk, The 12th International Photonics and OptoElectronics Meetings (POEM 2019): Photonics for Energy, Nov. 11-14, 2019, Wuhan, China.
3. Invited Talk, The 1st Novel Photoelectric Display Seminar, Dec. 20-22, 2019, Ningbo, China.
2. Invited Talk, The 10th Asian Conference on Organic Electronics (A-COE 2018), Dec. 5-8, 2018, Hong Kong.
1. Oral Presentation, The 12th International Conference of Electroluminescence and Optoelectronic Devices (ICEL 2018), Oct. 14-17, 2018, Jeju, Korea.
8. ‘Organic electroluminescent materials’, the National Natural Science Foundation of China (52022071), 2020/01-2023/12, Principle Investigator.
7. ‘Organic emitters with horizontally oriented transition dipole moments for OLEDs’, the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51873158), 2019/01-2022/12, Principle Investigator.
6. ‘The development of organic functional materials for highly stable and efficient OLEDs’, the Key Technological Innovation Program of Hubei Province (2018AAA013), 2018/01-2020/12, Co-Investigator.
5. ‘Development of organic fluorescent emitters with high exciton untilization efficiency for OLEDs’, the Natural Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholars of Hubei Province (2017CFA033), 2017/08-2020/08, Principle Investigator.
4. ‘Design and development of organic emitters with thermally activated delayed fluorescence’, the Key Research and Development Program of China (2016YFB0401002), 2016/07-2020/06, Co-PI.
3. ‘Study on novel sensitizing host materials for Organic Light-Emitting Diodes Based on Reverse Intersystem Crossing’, the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51573141), 2016/01-2019/12, Principle Investigator.
2. ‘Development of solution-processed host materials containing D/A units for Organic Light-Emitting Diodes’, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (2042015kf0007), 2015/01-2016/12, Principle Investigator.
1. ‘Study on fundamental science and applications for excited states of metal complexes’, the National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program 2013CB834805), 2013/01-2017/08, Co-Investigator.
Academic Services and Contributions:
4. Associate editor, 2020-2022, Journal of Information Display
3. Section board member, 2021-present, Molecules
2. Committee member, 2019-2021, The Optical Society (OSA): Optical Devices and Materials for Solar Energy and Solid-state Lighting (PVLED)
1. Reviewer for journals (https://publons.com/researcher/1346172/shaolong-gong)
Advanced Functional Materials
Advanced Optical Materials
ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces
Angewandte Chemie International Edition
Chemistry – A European Journal
Chemical Engineering Journal
Journal of Materials Chemistry C