Prof.He Bo is associate professor and master supervisor of Dept. of Translation at Wuhan University. She earned her B.A in English Literature in 1998 and B.A. in law in 1999, both from Wuhan University. She has been a teacher in School of Foreign Languages and Literatures at Wuhan University since 1998. She received her M.A. in Translation studies in 2003 and her Ph.D in Chinese literature in 2012, both from Wuhan University. She was sponsored by China Scholarship Council as a visiting scholar in Dept. of Eastern Asian Languages and Literatures at George Washington University in Washington DC, USA. Her research focuses in translation and sinology.
1. Multidimensional Perspective in Ming and Qing Drama Study by English Academy of the New Century, Drama Studies (Xiqu Yanjiu), No.102, 2017.
2. Androgyny and Re-reading Peoney Pavilion: A Case Study of Zhou Zuyan’s Research, Zhou Yude and Zou Yuan jiang, eds. A Collection of Research Papers on Tang Xianzu，People’s Press, 2016.
3. Rereading canons while focusing on self-fashioning: Cultural Poetics and Ming and Qing Chuanqi drama studies in North America, Journal of Wuhan University of Technology, 2014(2).
4. Cultural Close Reading: A New Mode of Chuanqi Drama Study in North America, Drama Studies (Xiqu Yanjiu), 2013 (4).
5. Amorous Ghosts on Stage: Creation of Phantom Heroines in Chuanqi Drama, Research of Chinese Literature,2013(4).
6. New Trends in the Study of Chinese Classical Theatre in the English Academic Circle from 2007 to 2011, Drama Studies (Xiqu Yanjiu), 2012 (4).
7. Structural Difference between Chinese and Western drama: a case study of the Orphan of Zhao Family, Etudes Francaises, 2009 (3).
8. Peony Pavilion (Young Lovers’ Edition): Adaptors’ Efforts and Success, Wuhan University Journal, 2008(6).
1. Wilt Idema, The Many Shapes of Medieval Chinese Plays: How Texts Are Transformed to Meet the Needs of Actors, Spectators, Censors and Readers, Yangtze River Academic, 2015(3).
2.Shen Jing, “the Legend of Purple Hairpin: a dramatic Adaption of the Legend of Huo Xiaoyu”, Selected Translation of Research on Tang Xianzu in the English World, Xu Yongming and Chen Tinayuan, eds. Zhejiang Guji Press, 2013.
3.William Dolby，“Tea-trading Ship' and the Tale of Shuang Chien and Su Little Lady”， Selected Translation of Chinese Theatre Studies in the English World, Xu Yongming and Chen Tinayuan, eds. Zhejiang Guji Press, 2016.
Wilt L. Idema, An Anthology of Wilt L. Idema’s Research in Chinese Literature, is going to be published by Zhejiang Guji Press in 2021.
Zhang Xuebing and Xu Lei, What is the Path of Socialism with Chinese Characteristics, China Intercontinental Press, 2021.
Anita Moorjani, Dying to be Me，Changjiang Literature and Art Publishing House,2014.
Peter Mayle, Provence A-Z, Changjiang Literature and Art Publishing House, 2008 first edition，2012 second edition.