Research Group Homepage：https://www.x-mol.com/groups/Chang_cy
Dr. Chunyu Chang is currently an associate professor of polymer science in Wuhan University. In 2011, he received his Ph.D from Wuhan University for work done in Prof. Lina Zhang’s laboratory on the design and synthesis of cellulose hydrogels. He was awarded a JSPS postdoctoral fellowship in Kyoto University under supervision of Prof. Yoshiyuki Nishio from 2011 to 2013. His research interests include: (1) natural polymer-based hydrogels, (2) functional materials from cellulose nanocrystals, and (3) silk fibroin-based materials. He has published more than 50 peer-reviewed papers which have received more than 4000 citations and 2 of them have been selected as ESI highly cited papers.
1. Q. Cheng, P. Chen, D. Ye, J. Wang, G. Song, J. Liu, Z. Chen, L. Chen, Q. Zhou,* C. Chang,* L. Zhang*, The conversion of nanocellulose into solvent-free nanoscale liquid crystals by attaching long side-arms for multi-responsive optical materials. Journal of Materials Chemistry C 2020, 8,11022 (Cover Paper).
2. D. Hu, Y. Cui, K. Mo, J. Wang, Y. Huang, X. Miao, J. Lin, C. Chang*. Ultrahigh strength nanocomposite hydrogels designed by locking oriented tunicate cellulose nanocrystals in polymeric networks. Composites Part B: Engineering 2020, 197, 108118.
3. K. Mo, M. He, X. Cao, C. Chang*. Direct current electric field induced gradient hydrogel actuators with rapid thermo-responsive performance as soft manipulators. Journal of Materials Chemistry C 2020, 8, 2756.
4. D. Li, X. Huang, Y. Huang, J. Yuan, D. Huang, J. Cheng*, L. Zhang, C. Chang*, Additive printed all-cellulose membranes with hierarchical structure for highly efficient aeparation of oil/water nanoemulsions. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2019, 11, 44375-44382.
5. Y. Huang, H. Zhan, D. Li, H. Tian*, C. Chang*, Tunicate cellulose nanocrystals modified commercial filter paper for efficient oil/water separation. Journal of Membrane Science, 2019, 591, 117362.
6. D. Ye, P. Yang, X. Lei, D. Zhang, L. Li, C. Chang*, P. Sun, and L. Zhang*, Robust anisotropic cellulose hydrogels fabricated via strong self-aggregation forces for cardiomyocytes unidirectional growth. Chemistry of Materials, 2018, 30, 5175.
7. H. Zhan, T. Zuo, R. Tao, and C. Chang*, Robust tunicate cellulose nanocrystal/palygorskite nanorod membranes for multifunctional oil/water emulsion separation. ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2018, 6, 10833.
8. Q. Cheng, D. Ye, W. Yang, S. Zhang, H. Chen, C. Chang* and L. Zhang*, Construction of transparent cellulose-based nanocomposite papers and potential application in flexible solar cells. ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2018, 6, 8040.
9. D. Ye, Q. Cheng, Q. Zhang, Y. Wang, C. Chang*, L. Li, H. Peng, and L. Zhang*, Deformation drives alignment of nanofibers in framework for inducing anisotropic cellulose hydrogels with high toughness. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2017, 9, 43154.
10. T. Zhang, Q. Cheng, D. Ye, C. Chang*, Tunicate cellulose nanocrystals reinforced nanocompoisite hydrogels comprised by hybrid cross-linked networks. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2017, 9, 24230.
11. Q. Cheng, D. Ye, C. Chang*, L. Zhang, Facile fabrication of superhydrophilic membranes consisted of fibrous tunicate cellulose nanocrystals for highly efficient oil/water separation. Journal of Membrane Science, 2017, 525, 1.
12. N. Peng, D. Hu, J. Zeng, Y. Li, L. Liang, C. Chang*, Superabsorbent cellulose-clay nanocomposite hydrogels for highly efficient removal of dye in water. ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2016, 4, 7217.